Bloggers, March is upon us!
That can only mean one thing... spring is right around the corner and after the winter we had, here in the desert, I've never been more grateful for spring. I'm so eager for it, that I have already started adding flowers around the home. In truth, I'm not a "flower" kind of gal, but Hobby Lobby stole my heart with some of their faux flowers and I couldn't resist.
If any of you are like me, you are probably on a tight budget and want to decorate using little "spending cash." This is why Goodwill is my friend. Here are some mini projects I worked on (in between painting my entryway) that add some spring-like decor without breaking the bank.
Project 1: Twine accented vase for $1
Here is a simple vase with an ordinary white candle. Wrapping twine around it, though, adds a touch of sweetness. I'm sure almost everyone has a vase in their home and if not, Goodwill sells LOTS of them for pennies. The white candle and vase I've had for years. The twine was $1 at Dollar Tree.
Project 2: Flower Display for $6.49
Here, I took a Goodwill jar, for $2.99, and stuffed the vase with plastic bags to fill it up without having to use so much flower foam. Then, I added the foam on top and inserted flowers from Hobby Lobby ($3.50 at their half-off sale). I bought a pack of flower foam a year ago, don't remember the price, and I still have a lot left.
Simple, spring-y, fresh, and under $7.
Project 3: Adding "spring" to my desk for $6.49
I wanted to pair my bird with a plant, and this 99 cent find was the perfect container.
Again, I sprayed it with a primer and 2 coats of "Heirloom White," then filled it with plants I found at Hobby Lobby. The plants were $1.50 (half-off). I bought 3 of them to really fill up the container.
Those birds are so adorable. I bought 5 of them and plan on displaying them around the house. Ca-ute!
Linking up to: House of Grace, A Beach Cottage, House of Hepworths, Christina's Adventures







5 comments:
Ca-ute is right! Love the Dollar Tree and Goodwill. Happy Spring!
So cute! With a little creativity, you really don't need to spend a fortune, do you?
Love it! You've successfully motivated me to do the same...and lighten up my place for spring :)
Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)
Is that a manuscript you are working on?
Really cute! I must check out these at the dollar store now.
Post a Comment