Happy 2011!
I don't know about everyone else, but this was the first year I didn't make a new years resolution. I have to admit, 2010 was a pretty great year, so I'm going to keep doing what I did and hope to have another fantastic year.
Now that Christmas is over, I finally have
In November, I found this little treasure at Goodwill:
I loved everything about it, the color, the hooks, the nearly new condition, the PRICE ($4.99). It seemed ready to be hung, except for the minor detail of covering up the wording. I really wish I knew what the previous owner hung on each hook. Seriously, it puzzles me some days.
I cleaned the sign really well and gave it a fresh coat of Behr's "Black Suede".
I had to give it about 3 coats to really cover up the words. Afterwards, I stenciled in my wording, and painted them with a sample of Behr's "Subtle Touch." Why? Because, again, it was a sample I already had from my bathroom redo and it looks white against the black. So, no need to spend more money on paint.
This is what I ended up with:
Simple sign to hang coats, purses, and keys as we walk in the door.
I'm tellin you... I love that "Black Suede." It's purrty!
This sign is mounted onto our entry wall, which is going to see some color this year. I'm thinking a deep red color. My living room and entry have a ton of light pouring in, so I'm ready to see some bolder colors on those walls. Any suggestions?
Once more, my Goodwill sign before:
And after:
Total Project Cost: $4.99
Linking this to:



12 comments:
LOVE it! Way cuter your way. Great block font choice. Some people's *font choices* make me wonder! :)
I'm thinking maybe a to do/done emblem hanging from each one? Or maybe she had that many kids and they all had a chore? :)
Either way! YOUR sign ROCKS!!
I love it! I wonder if the previous owner had six kids, and they had their names hung on different hooks. I would hate to be the kid who gets garbage! He loses. haha.
Very neat! Great work!
So cute. I love the cafe style to it!!
~Tana
Thank you ladies! April, that would make sense. I'm sure my children are thankful I chose to repaint it instead of assigning them more household duties. :)
I love this!! Love Goodwill finds like this :) Perfect that you didn't have to spend money on the hardware...that can get expensive!
Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!! Hope you come again soon! :)
Hey Amanda! I wanted to respond to your question about how to get more followers. First of all, I can't find the link to follow you on your blog for some reason! You should definitely look into that first, because I can't figure out how to follow you!
Also, I never "begged" for people to follow me, but I do post to sooo many linky parties. Those are my biggest way to get people to look into my blog. You can also make "blog friends" by doing "blog swaps"...which brings more traffic too.
Another tip: leave LOTS of nice comments. People love to be genuinely encouraged...so let them know that you loved their project...and why!
Here's a post that might help you:
http://www.blogguidebook.com/2011/01/better-blogging-in-2011.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BlogGuidebook+%28Blog+Guidebook%29
Their whote site is full of great tips. Good luck!! :)
Hi Christina,
thank you for getting back to me. The link to follow is in the upper left hand side of the page. I wonder if I can create a link to make this easier for future followers?
Question: what are "blog swaps?"
Thanks again for the help. :)
Amanda I hope the award I gave you today helps you getting more followers!
I got an award and I played it forward to a few of my fave blogs and you are one of them!!
I posted about it today :)
Tana
Great job! I will be featuring you tonight! :)
Bonnie
Fantastic find and transformation! I LOVE it! BTW the bathroom turned out great too. I am planning on painting my bedroom furniture a similar color as soon as it gets warm enough here! Blessings Paula <3
I love it! Reminds me of Disney World...they say 'Welcome Home' as a greeting when you stay at the Disney resorts.
Post a Comment