Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Home!

Ello poppets!

Well, it's been ONE YEAR since we moved into our first home! I have to admit, there were times when I desperately missed having a landlord (because fixing an AC on your own is tough), but I'm incredibly thankful we had the opportunity to buy. This home has seen its share of birthdays, holidays, movie nights, game nights, and karaoke nights. It has watched us as we played in the front yard, teaching our oldest how to catch a football and spike a volleyball. It has provided us with a fireplace, where our toddler loves to dive off of, sit at, and color with crayons. Happy Anniversary, home. You've been so good to us! Looking forward to many more memories.

This year also saw its share of home improvements. ALL DIY (very proud to say that). Looking around the house, there is still so much we would like to do, but for the sake of satisfaction, I wanted to look back and see how far we've come.

Garage Before:

Now:

 Guest Bath Before:

Now:

Nursery Before:

"Nursery" After:

Backyard Doors Before:

Now: 
This was one of my favorite DIY projects and I loved that it only cost us around $5!!!

Entryway Before:

Now:

 Tween Bedroom Before:

Now:

 Front porch Before:


Now:

I would love to end this post with a list of things I would like to accomplish for this next year, but that would defeat the whole "I need motivation" reflection. Instead, I bid you all a wonderful Wednesday. I'm going to curl up on the couch and enjoy a movie in our home.

3 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Great progress!The bathroom is my favorite of all your projects.

Amanda @ Mamaslittleladybugs.blogspot.com said...

Thank you! I think it's mine too. :)

Reunion Committee said...

looking SO good!!!!
Tana