Wednesday, February 15, 2012

30 before 30

This year is a big year for me. I'll be hitting a pretty big milestone....

turning the big 3-0!

I always imagined that this would be such a depressing time for me, but I have to admit... I'm pretty excited about saying goodbye to my 20's. It was definitly a decade of stupid decisions (ahem, I'm talking to you 5 tattoos, tongue ring and eyebrow ring scars), but also some pretty smart ones (saying "I Do," graduating from college with honors, buying a home, having another baby). As October draws near, I have decided to create my own bucket list of sorts. Yes, it is my list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.


Stealing an idea from another friend, I have posted all 30 goals onto my bathroom mirror. This way, they will be there, in my face, every single day reminding me of taking time for LIFE.  Once a goal is accomplished, then you move the post-it to the other side of the mirror. This serves as a nice way to see all you achieved on your goal date. For me.. it will be a comforting feeling going into the next decade of my life.

Some of the goals are personal goals for my health...
* going a month without sweets (broken down into 2 goals.. 7 days without and then a month)
* out-running my daughter... and dogs
* losing 25 pounds (broken down into 5 attainable goals)

 other goals are meant to bless others... 

 some are meant to be shared with those I love...


and then there are those that I just want to say I did in my 20s...


What are your goals this year?










No comments: