Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Decor on the Cheap

October is nearly halfway over with and I am barely writing my first post. So sorry. :/ This month saw the one year anniversary of me becoming a "blogger!" YAY!!! Let me tell ya... I never thought I would get to have a friendship with ladies who are literally thousands of miles away from me. It has been a joy sharing my projects with you and getting to know you in the process.

Also... drum roll... later this month will mark the 29th year of my life! Surprisingly, I don't feel sad about entering the final year of my 20s. I am so ready to put that decade behind me. ;)

These little celebrations have me in quite the festive mood this year! Just look at the fun invitation I created for my birthday:

I used StoryBook Creator 4.0 and took a grand total of 5 minutes to complete it. Don't you love it?

I don't normally decorate my house for Halloween but I had an urge to do so this year. Nothing big and crazy... just some dollar store decor here and there. Like this sign:


This greets my guests as they enter our front porch. Sure the thing swings like a monkey at the slightest breeze, but I think it looks creepy cool. ;)


Once you enter the porch, you have a mixture of sweet and scary. No, I didn't plan this out. Besides, the mouse will only be up another 3 weeks and then the whole area will compliment each other. That autumnal pail will be up for at least another 2 months. That brown pail used to be a this color. Remember? I already had the spray paint and used autumn decor from last year. The mouse... ahhh... let me tell you about the mouse...
Those little guys are all over my house. EEEK! I saw Martha Stewart use them last year and I searched in vain all over for them.
Would you believe... I found them at the dollar store! A pack had about 16 of them! Sure, they aren't Ms. Martha, but I luv 'em.

My summer wreath also received a minor update. Again, I just used my fall items from last year. I love the black ribbon paired with a small pumpkin.
In addition, I love all the ideas I'm finding on Pinterest, but I need to step back from too much spending. We are preparing to tile again before the weather gets too cold. I can't wait! I want the guest bath and hallway tiled so we can start our kitchen reno. :D

I'll be posting again very soon with a product review. You'll see...

No comments: