Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crock Pot Brisket

What a great year this is turning out to be! "Mama's Little Ladybugs" has been featured on two blogs for the Goodwill Sign and has also received the "Stylish Blogger Award" from Tana at Orange It Lovely. You can see my features here and here.  


As we enter the fourth month in our home, I can promise you that this year will be full of crafts, projects, remodeling, and renovations! So, please follow me as my husband and I morph into DIYers and see what can (and probably will) go wrong. ;)

Tonight, I have a yummy recipe to share that was a huge hit with my family. The best part - it cooked in the crock pot (read: super easy)!!! Here is the breakdown on how to make BRISKET:

Ingredients:
4 lbs of beef brisket
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of paprika
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

Directions:
Trim the excess fat from the brisket. In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients really well. Once mixed, rub the spices all over the brisket. Place the brisket, fat side up, into the crock pot.


Cook the meat on low for 8 - 12 hours. (At 8 hours, I checked my meat and found it still very pink on the inside. I spread apart the meat a bit and cooked it for another two hours.


 I like my meat to be WELL DONE because I get paranoid whenever I see pink). Once the meat is done, remove it from the crock pot, onto a large plate, and shred it with your fingers, removing any fat. The meat will be super tender so pulling it apart should be no problem. Now, just place your brisket in some corn tortillas, with whatever sides you want, and you have BRISKET TACO NIGHT!



You can divide the cooked meat into freezer bags and use it for tacos, burritos, hamburgers, or even a hearty soup.

1 comment:

Reunion Committee said...

I never thought to put a brisket in the CP AND make tacos with it.. hmmm I am def gonna try this one!! thanks!
And thanks for the mention.. you deserve it :)