In case you forgot, this is what they looked like before:
After two coats of Behr's "Espresso Beans," this is what they looked like:
Just what I wanted? Yes! However, I wanted them to look really new and custom, so I purchased some knobs and a pull at Home Depot. This is how I installed them:
First, I used a template to mark off where the middle of my drawer was.
Then, I colored the screws with a sharpie and pressed them firmly against my template.
This will give you an exact mark on where you need to drill. I used a similar technique for the cabinet doors.
With the knobs, there wasn't as much measuring. I knew where I wanted the knobs to be, so I marked it on a template. You can use the same template for each door, just flip the paper over for the correct corner.
Alas, the cabinets are done and look brand new:
Our guest bathroom the day we moved in:
And now:
Walls: Glidden "Smooth Stone"
Cabinets: Behr "Espresso Beans
Cabinet Cost:
Gallon of Behr paint: $33
Knobs and Pull (Home Depot): $5
New Hinges: $3.50











6 comments:
Thanks for commenting on my blog. OMG This bathroom looks so great. Crazy what a few little changes can do. I followed you back:) Great blog!
I LOVE IT! Seriously Amanda...great work :) Everything looks so new and classic!! Great job!! :)
Wow, it doesn't even look like the same cabinet!!! Thanks so much for posting on my blog yesterday. I wanted to come over and answer your question about my bed. My bed is a mohogony wood from pottery barn and the dresser is more of a dark cherry from american signature sale room, LOL! Anyway, I can't wait to see what you decide for your master bedroom! Changing my room color from tan to the wedgewood grey was the BEST project I've made in my entire house! I use to HATE to walk in the room, because it felt sooo drab... now I LOVE it! Thanks again!
They look fantastic!!! Great job.
I just stumbled onto your blog through another and I love the cabinets. I had actually thought about doing mine. After several friends telling me it would be really hard and time consuming I decided not to. How long did this project take?
Were you extremely meticulious? I can be detailed but only to a certain point then it becomes half a**ed.
Good choice. The cabinets look good dark.
Post a Comment