Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simple Wall Decor

Hello there, bloggers! Since we celebrated my littlest ladybugs' birthday this month, I thought I would give her empty walls a little attention. Here are two simple, inexpensive, DIY crafts you can hang in a child's room for under $5.

First craft was creating a monogram for her room. I found a craft wood circle at Michaels for under a dollar and painted it with colors that matched her room. I glued a ribbon on the back and hung it above her headboard. Easy peasy and under $1.

For the next project, I wanted to hang a "Paper Fan Banner." I first discovered it here and I loved the simplicity of it (that and I already had all the supplies).
The link gives a FANtastic step-by-step tutorial and I don't know WHAT was going on with my camera that day, but I couldn't get a decent shot. I used soft colors for my scrapbook paper but they came out very dark and shadowy in the pictures.
The banner is cute and will do for now, until I can come up with a better way to fill up her wall. She, of course, at the innocent age of two has no clue on how much work I put into her banner and keeps wanting to grab it (this explains why I put it high up). My tween, though, loves it and wants to hang one in her room. ;)



2 comments:

Rita said...

Lovely!!! I just LOVE that little bed!
A really cheap wall decoration is to get embroidery hoops (just the cheapies, I think I paid about $3 each for some that are about 50cm diameter. Stretch some pretty fabric into the hoops, tidy the back (running stitch around the back, and pull it tight). I used this in my nursery to brighten up the wall above the cot - I wanted pretty, but able to be updated as the girls grew up, and not to cost the earth!

Reunion Committee said...

aww that is so precious. I love it!
Tana