First, I wanted to get the girls excited about learning about the ocean. We put on our swimsuits (after cranking up the heater), and laid out our towels and some party table covers for our "ocean."
Once the excitement was there, we started the chapter on oceanography. Each day, we encorporated a craft to keep it interesting. On one particular day we made an "Ocean in a Bowl."
We made blue jello, let it sit a bit in the fridge, then added some Nemo gummy fish. We stuck it back in the fridge to harden completely. My 10-year-old was thrilled by how it turned out! She showed it to all the neighborhood kids too.
We also hung up a blue, plastic, table cover on her wall. Using National Geographic magazines, she's cutting out pictures of fish and slowly adding it to her wall display. I'll post more pics next week as we finish our lesson on the ocean.
Having a great time with our ocean in the desert. Have a great weekend. :)
Linking to: 3 boys and a Dog, Living Life Intentionally
2 comments:
What FUN!! And I love your ocean in a bowl =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT week,
Beth =-)
Love this idea! I am a new follower stopping by from TGIF! Morgan with Tottreasuresnorthbay.blogspot.com
Post a Comment