Happy Wednesday!
Yesterday, the hubby and I took a break from unpacking and I was finally able to work on some of my projects.
Here is a random fact. I looove shopping at thrift stores. Sometimes I walk away empty-handed, while other times I find some great items that I can use in my decor. My daughter gets a kick out of them too because I always let her buy a toy. It's the one store she knows I won't turn her down for another doll. Seriously, at $1 for another Barbie... knock yourself out child.
Recently, I found a glass jar at my local Goodwill.
Nothing fancy, but for $2.99, it was exactly what I wanted for our bathroom! Target sells bathroom jars just like this one for $7.99. So, I couldn't give it up. I came home, washed it, and behold...
A simple Q-tip jar. I could have copied my favorite catalogs and filled the jar with some cotton balls, but seriously, I don't use cotton balls enough that they need to be easily accessible.
I also found this...
Ah! First, I need to apologize for the poor photo quality. I am praying for a new camera. *cough cough* My birthday *cough* is this month by the way.
This bronze metal tub was $3.99 and I knew I wanted it, but couldn't figure out what to do with it.
First, I thought I could fill it with magazines and stick it next to the couch in our living room. Then visions of my 1 year old pulling out the magazines and ripping out all the pages killed that idea.
Next, I thought, "this would make a really cool tub to store drinks for get-togethers." I was going to paint a pretty monogram on the front..... and then toss it in the garage for whenever we throw a party?
Nope. I wanted it to be used everyday. So, with some beady things and ribbon I already had, it became this:
Love it!! It's autumn, and warm, and orange, and pumpkiny, and all the things I love about October. Swoon.
I filled the tub with some floral foam I had and randomly stuck in the beady twigs. Then, I placed a foam pumpkin from Walmart inside and scattered some leaves around. The leaves were from an autumn garland I had and I just snipped off a few leaves. I think it needs a couple of pine cones in there as well. Easy peasy.
The pumpkin was $5, the tub was $3.99, the ribbon was from Jo-Ann Fabrics, and the beads I already had from Hobby Lobby. Total project cost: $8.99!
I am linking this post to Sarah's Before and After Party. Check out her blog.




3 comments:
Very good finds. Love the metal fall display.
I love the glass container you used for the q-tips. I have one similar mine held a candle and when I could use it anymore I couldnt see throwing it away it was so cute.So I put it in the microwave for a few secs and wiped out any residue ,Bam instant bath salt jar.
Cough cough! Hilarious! I hope you get that camera- they make photographing for the blog sooooo much easier! I just got mine this Christmas!
Post a Comment