Monday, October 18, 2010

Sneak Peak

Aaaaaah, bathrooms ... probably one of the best rooms to start with when updating a home you have moved into. They are (usually) small and so you're able to test your skills in painting, tiling, and upgrading hardware. Even if you butcher it, the room is still small enough that nobody will ever notice it. And if they do, you can give them the 'ol stink eye and kick them out.

This is what our guest bath looked like the day we moved in.


Please excuse the sweet baby. She was mesmerized by the skylight...


Spacious, but in need of a paint job.
We finally found the shower curtain I wanted after hunting at 6 different stores and now that the fabric has been purchased, we will be painting for the next couple of days. If all goes well, we will have our "before and after" posting by this weekend! But... here is a little sneak peak at what we're doing.


Black, metal basket turned toilet paper roll holder. $1.99 at Savers.




Sorry for the bad lighting but I really didn't want to use the flash and drown out the details. This is my purty curtain from Target. We are using some of those colors for our walls...  :)

eeee! I cannot wait to be "done" with a room. My 9 year old has been begging me to finish hers since we moved in 33 days ago. Off to paint!

1 comment:

Reunion Committee said...

oh I cant wait to see. I love bathroom redos. I need ideas for my 11 year daughters bathroom!I love the curtain and the metal!
good luck!
~Tana