As for me, I am finished!! I finished putting up all my Christmas decorations, finished wrapping presents, finished creating my menu, finished baking goodies. Yes, I am DONE! (letting out a sigh of relief). This is the first year this has ever happened too, so please forgive the pride in me. It's really nice to be able to really enjoy these next 9 days without any fuss. Aaaaannnnd, I have some cute Christmas crafts to share.
There is this local women's group I am part of called MOPS. Maybe ya've heard of it. Anyway, for our December meeting, we made these incredibly cute and easy coasters!
We used tile, yes the small tiles you would probably use as a back splash in a kitchen or somewhere, and we stamped them with rubber stamps. First, you have to clean the tile really well and remove any dust with a baby wipe. Then, once it dries, stamp your design using permanent ink. If the design smears or doesn't look right, you can quickly wipe it off with the baby wipe. Just remember to let the tile dry before attempting again. Finally, spray your tile with shellac to protect it from heat and liquids. Simple. Adorable. Perfect gifts!
The two on the left have my daughters names spelled out (blotted out for privacy) and the two on the right will be used as gifts. I even made one for my daughter's teacher. Some women were creating themes with theirs or making individual tiles to give away. I am definitely going to do this again next year and give away as presents! Also, you might want to put some felt or other protection on the bottom of the tile to prevent scratching surfaces.
Another last minute Christmas idea was inspired by these babies I found in my Christmas storage box...
With a $1 vase from Goodwill and presents that needed something extra, I found a use for them:
I found that gorgeous wrapping paper months ago at Goodwill! It was meant to be used for a birthday present, but I think it looks quite "Christmasy" with some jute and those mini ornaments! Again, sorry for the blotting, but had to erase the names on that present. I tied all my presents like that and for what was left, I filled my Goodwill vase with some of my favorite ornaments passed down to me from my Mom.
The vase, along with some poinsettia votive holders, will be our table centerpiece, but those pics will come later.
And finally, I am halfway done with covering our garage windows!
I did the same thing in this project (with instructions), but these windows are so big that I find myself doing a window once every few days.
With the lights off, you can see across the street to my neighbors home (and people can peek into my garage, no doubt). To the right is with the contact paper. Privacy is a splendid thing when you are in the garage loading the washer late at night.
Once again, from the outside looking in...
Please come back tomorrow as I am posting about our annual Bake Day, with the perfect recipe for a Mexican dessert called Biscochos (or Biscoches).
No comments:
Post a Comment