December is officially here and Christmas is in full swing in our little home!
Even the Jammies are Christmasy!
I was finally able to have some down time and create a new use for an ornament. Remember these beauties that I wrote about here?
Well, things didn't turn out as planned. My spanking new bottle of ORB, that I have been itching to try, jammed after about a minute of use. I bought this can months ago and can't go back and exchange it, so I'm a little peeved. Has this happened to anyone else before?
Well, plan B... paint these brassy beauties black. ;)
Don't they look new again....
Well, I loved my "new" candle holders, but then it dawned on me I was going to have FOUR candles under a WREATH. Not too smart. Then, the lovely game of "where can I put these" commenced. You all know that game, right? I needed to find a spot where they were visible (duh) and out of reach from curious children or flammable objects.
Then, I remembered about how a couple of my big ornaments had broken. Well, not really "broken" but the tops had come off and were impossible to put back on. So, I thought, "I wonder if..."
HOLY HOLLY!!!!
Would you believe it?! They looked adorable! Plus, I could leave them on my mantel, under a wreath, and out of children's reach. BO-NUS!
I even ripped the tops off of my good ornaments so I could get the exact color and texture I wanted. HAHA!
Small sacrifice for such a fun, festive mantel.
I'm posted on these link parties:
2 comments:
Great Redo. Linking thru It's a Hodgepodge Life. I love the Black! and the Ornaments on top set them off perfectly.
Just a thought. If the little sprayer on the paint plugged up, take one off another can and try it? also, when my cans plug up turn the upside down and spray, sometimes this works. Anyway, just trying to help.
P.S. New Follower and would love for you to jump over to my New Blog and see what's going on. Would love you to follow if you like, also..
Blessings,
Denise
Hi Denise,
thank you so much for that tip! I will definitly be trying it out.
Thank you for following and I enjoyed your blog as well. :)
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment