Today was a fun day for us as I traded fall leaves for red berries, pumpkins for nutcrackers, and autumn twigs for Christmas Santas! Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 'round here.
Today, as I was resurrecting the Christmas decorations from our storage bins, I came across some ideas for crafts...
Check out these candle holders! These belonged to my Mom and I don't remember a single Christmas where we used them. I really am not digging the dull brass look though and I just bought some ORB (oil rubbed bronze) spray paint. I have been looking for something to use it on and I think this will look divine! A couple of coats of ORB, some white candles wrapped in ribbon and these babies will be a perfect centerpiece.
These things have been in our bins for the last two years and I'm not even sure where they came from...
Can you picture them added to Christmas presents instead of the typical bows? With a little bit of jute I have from a previous project, my presents will have a fun, festive touch.
Besides all the cute decor I continue to dig out of storage, I am most excited that my fireplace mantle is starting to look nice! Ever since we moved in, I have been struggling to decorate it. For the most part, this is what it has looked like...
hehe, I told you I wouldn't use the monogrammed tray for keys because I loved it so stinkin' much!
I have never had a fireplace mantle and was clueless on what I wanted it to look like. I really don't want to fill it with knickknacks that will only collect dust. I would like to place a huge mirror above it but have yet to find a mirror I like for a reasonable price. So, it has remained a bit... empty. That is, until now...
A picture of my favorite day, a huge Christmas wreath, some Christmas angels, and St. Nick hanging out with the nutcracker. FINALLY, my mantle is looking pretty! I would love to still hang a pine needle garland on there, but for now, it's lovely.
Christmas is creeping its way in our home and I wish it could last longer than a month.
our scaled down tree this year because we will never be able to fit our 9 foot tree in our home. Funny story - my baby was following me around the tree as I hung the lights, and she kept trying to blow them out. It was the funniest sight.
This house was made by my aunt years ago and again, my baby tried blowing out the lights.
Remember that thrift store candlestick I found and decorated it with a pumpkin? I replaced the pumpkin with this heavy, crystal snow orb. It has a snowflake when you look down in it. Pretty!
When do you put up Christmas decorations? Are you like me and put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving?
No comments:
Post a Comment