Last month, we tiled her room and I was thisclose to repainting her walls. However, she insisted she still loved the color and I decided to give it one more shot. After all, we were about to add light colored tile, white baseboards, white doors, and bright wall decor.
Boy, has her room brightened up now.
Here is the before:
Those chest of drawers have been asking for a new paint job for a year and a half now. One day I will be brave enough to tackle them.
That brown carpet is all over our house. I was told by a friend (who liked it) that it "hides all the dirt." WHAT? No! I want that nasty dirt revealed so I can clean it up! Ew, buh-bye dirty carpet.
helloooo tile!
After:
Look at how beautiful and clean that looks.
Cute wall decor from Savers. Each one was $2.99 but I had a 20% off coupon for donating a bag of items. Tip: I always leave a bag of donations in my car, specifically for unplanned Savers visits.
Also, Hobby Lobby had all their wall decor on sale for 50% off. I grabbed these mirrored words for $6 each. They really reflect light from her window and her room doesn't look like a dungeon anymore.
Her room isn't "done" yet. Seriously, are any of the rooms I've started "done?" Will they ever be "done?" I still need to paint her windowsill, fan, door frames, and put in some updated doors and knobs. Little at a time.
Linking up with: Motivate Me Monday, TDC Before & After Party
8 comments:
Love it! I too am very hesitant (ok, afraid) of painting furniture. :)
I love her beautiful bedding! You worked with her wall color very well. :) Visiting from Thrifty Decor Chick!
Tile makes such a difference! I love the room. It looks like a girl's hangout :)
Amanda, your girl's room looks great! I love all of the color. Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.
Unique and looking very nice.I will plan this for my daughter.
-Cheap bedroom sets
SOOOO Caaaute!
I would LOVE to have you link up to my PARTY! WHASSUP WEDNESDAY!!
And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)
*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *
xoxokara
oh I love it and I love her headboard and footboard. I was picturing projects while "I" was reading it! lol the possiblities!
~Tana
oh and I love the color lol
I really like the tile!
Post a Comment