Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thrift Store Love

Looking back at my recent posts, there is a total lack of crafting going on. Granted, I've been doing a lot more remodeling lately, but crafts are my love. My outletI sought out inspiration on more than one trip to my favorite thrift store. However, nothing spoke to me. I started to worry that people weren't "spring cleaning" this year. *cue dramatic music* Noooo!

Well, someone finally cleaned house! Look at what I snagged during my latest thrift store visit:
I am loving turquoise and blue lately and this planter will look beautiful with some fresh, spring flowers. This cost me $3.99 (forgot my bag of donations for a discount this time).

This wooden container was $1.99. After cleaning and lining the inside with felt, I am going to use this at my daughters upcoming birthday party... as a utensil caddy. Cute! After that, maybe a planter for some herbs? The winter freeze killed my rosemary plant, so this might be an opportunity to try growing something. HA! Or maybe I'll just use it to hold my makeup brushes. No sense in killing another plant.

I know what you're thinking.. ew, right? Trust me! During a recent "link party" I participated in, there was a fellow blogger that had something just like this and she turned it into the cutest door decor! I am so copying inspired by her! I'm working on this project now and will post soon (and give credit where it's due). ;) This metal container was $3.99.

Lastly, this item wasn't found at a thrift store. I found it at Walmart (gasp, yes I shop there) and couldn't give up the great deal.
I have seen these exact same hurricane vases at GOODWILL for higher prices. Seriously, I couldn't pass it up. I'm not crazy about the color of wood, but a couple of coats of my trusty spray can ought to fix it. Can you just see this filled with Christmas berries? Or snow covered pine cones? UGH! Spring. Spring. Spring. Think Spring. Spring. Spring.....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Everything looks so cute!! And no shame in Wal*Mart!! I get some really great things on clearance there! :)

Kari said...

I hear ya sister, I feel like I have gotten away from the crafting part of my blog too but now that it is spring, I feel the need to redo!

By the way, was it 320 Sycamore where you saw the idea for the metal basket??

Good finds!! Love, love the blue vase!!

Kari