Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big News!

ACK! I am so sorry I've been absent from the "land of blog" lately. There have been major developments in our lives that took up all of my free time.

Before I announce my big news, I want to thank all the ladies who are still posting to my Newbie Summer Link Party! There are only 4 days left and you are welcome to post multiple projects!


Speaking of projects, I haven't had a chance to create one single craft. Reason? Well, the first bit of news is that after a year of being an avid digital scrapbooker (word?), I decided to join a business called...
Maybe you've heard of them? I've been using their digital software for over a year now to create some of my scrapbook pages. I love their digital products because everything is stored in my laptop. I don't need a craft table, or scissors, or glue... none of that! Here are some pages I've done in the last year...
My babies at a "pumpkin patch" at a local church.

 Halloween with a cat, a flower, and Mama was a ladybug. ;)
Last day of school for my older baby.

My fireman and I. swoon.

Seriously, I love their products. I enjoy creating special albums for my daughters. Eventually, I signed on knowing that even if I didn't sell a thing, I would be having fun. Thankfully, I have been blessed with generous and supportive friends who made my kick-off weekend a success. If you haven't heard about Creative Memories, you are welcome to visit my site:


or you can message me. I love talking about my job. Really. I do. :D

Now, the second bit of news is pretty exciting and a major factor as to why I haven't been able to craft a thing. On August 9th, my hubby is going to sign ADOPTION PAPERS declaring him the legal parent of my 9-year-old!!! Ever since we married, over three years ago, he has been trying to adopt her.
Our First New Years
I had her at a young age, and her biological dad walked out of our lives when she was 6 months old. She has never known a "Dad." One of the reasons I married my husband, was because he stepped up and took on the role of "Father" without me asking him to.
 He loved her from the start and never hesitated to call her his own child. After three years of battling lawyers, we have come to the end of a painful past and the start of a new family. He's been her Daddy in her heart, but now she gets to have him as her Daddy on paper. She's thrilled that we will all finally have the same last name. ;)
 
So, I hope ya'll can forgive me for the lack of posts. I've got an adoption date to prepare for. I will no doubt be a crying mess that day and will definitely share some adoption pictures with you all! Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Christina said...

YAY!! First - love Creative Memories :) Second...CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope you're having a great day being a "government official" family :)

Kari said...

I am sooooooo happy for you and your family!!! This is so big and I can completely appreciate the greatness of this decision. God bless you all!

Kari :)

Rebekah said...

So happy for your family!!!

Amanda @ Mamaslittleladybugs.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, ladies!

Reunion Committee said...

Oh I am beyond happy for you and your family. Its the same here.. my oldest calls my husband dad and has since she was 4 years old. I feel in love even harder the day he said she is my daughter.

(hugs)
TaƱa