Wednesday, July 27, 2011

News from the home front

My toddler is still not potty trained. At what age do Mothers start to say, "oooh. Your child is still in diapers? I see." Maybe if I have a goal in mind this would work better. Potty trained by Christmas? The girl loves her diapers. Especially now that my Mother-in-law bought her those Pampers Prints with little pink flowers all over them. Why would my toddler want to give up those for Ariel undies??? She doesn't even know/like Ariel, Barney, Dora, and all those other cartoons displayed on them.


My Creative Memories business is taking off rather nicely. I gave myself a 30 day goal and I'm thisclose to reaching it. Of course, this also means I have quickly realized that "working at home" can very well turn into a 6 hour work day. I feel like I'm on the computer, phone, and Facebook all the time. Anything to promote a new business right?


With the extra "work hours" I have been putting in, I will indeed be working on some home projects this week as my down time. One of those involves painting my ceiling fans:

Yes, you heard right. Every single ceiling fan in my house is either dated or black. I will be painting them in an attempt to make them look new again. Anyone ever tried this? This week, I have to:


paint 2 black fans
give 4 ceilings a fresh coat of paint (b/c the rooms are all done except for that darn ceiling)
stain a wood mirror frame I found at an estate sale


Has anyone stained anything recently? Any tips for a newbie? I found this pretty mirror at an estate sale for $10 and thought it looked like one Hobby Lobby was selling recently (for $40).

I immediately wanted to paint it white, but then we were given a new dining set. The set is a gorgeous dark wood and now, I want my mirror frame to match it. Any products you recommend for staining?


Finally, thank you, to the ladies who participated in my Newbie Summer Link Party! I enjoyed looking at your ideas/projects and I even met some new people in the process! I'm quickly approaching some milestones with "Mama's Little Ladybugs." I'm almost at 100 friends, I am nearing my 100th post, AND I have been blogging for almost 1 year!!! This is pretty exciting for me as I never expected anyone to give a hoot about what I did. What was created for family only has turned into a huge network of friends. Thank you to the ladies who always leave comments, who have followed my site, and who email me regularly. You have made this so much fun! Hmmm, perhaps a giveaway once I reach each milestone?

Have a great day!




1 comment:

Kari said...

Congrats on your accomplishments! Oh and that mirror is so cute and will bring so much light into your room. :)