Monday, July 4, 2011

Make a List Monday

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, BLOGGIES!

I am so excited because tomorrow is the start of my summer party! Even if you're project isn't done, no worries. The party will run until the 25th of this month. Yeah, that's right... that's how we party where I'm from. ;) Anyway, I'll get back to that later. First, I wanted to update you on the list I created a week ago. If you can recall, I found a new link party called "Make a List Monday," with Ordinary Days. Here is the list I had created for myself, along with an update. I'm actually shocked at how much I completed. Looks like keeping a list keeps you focused. :)

 1) Finish porch redo

Check! I posted this last week and love how it turned out. Now, I'm brainstorming what to do with the red tile. Cover it with an outdoor rug? Lay a new tile? Stamped concrete? Any input would be much appreciated. :)

2) Successfully re-pot a plant (don't laugh, this may kill the poor thing)

Semi-check! I discovered a great site for newbie gardeners that showed me I didn't really need to pot the plant. Since my city is so hot and dry, there's hardly ever a worry about the water being too wet/soggy. So, I cheated and simply placed the container directly into my ceramic pot. Sweet! Can you even tell? Don't answer that...

3) Create a necklace/bracelet holder for my 9-year-old
um... yeah. This is the one task that didn't get completed. I found a great necklace holder but it needs some spray paint (nothing is safe from a can of spray paint in this house). My daughter couldn't decide on a color, so this task may have to be pushed back.

4) Find & install new towel hooks for the guest bath

Double check! These lovely hooks were a clearance find at Target. With a quick spray of white, they fit perfectly with our guest bath. I prefer this so much more than the shiny, silver towel rack we had before. More on my guest bath finds will be revealed tomorrow. Think coastal inspired...

Linking up with: Ordinary Days

3 comments:

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Wow! You were very industrious!! Your porch is looking so good and I can't wait to see your bathroom updates. :)

brokeintrovert said...

Great job on your list!

Amanda @ Mamaslittleladybugs.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, ladies! Rita, everytime I comment on your page, or send an email, I receive a "failure to deliver" notice. Has anyone else reported issues to you? I really don't want you to think I'm ignoring your sweet words.