Thursday, June 16, 2011

Porch Redo Pt 1


Our little home in the desert is alive with 100 plus temps, and I feel a strong desire to be OUTSIDE and working on our little porch. Is that not the nuttiest thing you've heard all day? This area hasn't been touched since the day we moved in and I want it to reflect us. Before I could begin throwing paint on the walls, I needed some inspiration to guide me. I already had this pail hanging up there, but it was a bit lonely. So, I painted a piece of scrap wood white and freehand wrote the word "love" on top.
I have been seeing these "love" signs all over blogs and I don't know who the original creator is. I don't know who to give the credit to! Well, anyhow, thank you, "insert name." So, once my sign was painted, I sanded it quite a bit to give it an old, worn look.
Next, I drilled some holes at the top, and double strung it using jute. Really, I think any kind of rope will do, but I just used what I had. 
The finished look:
So cute! It took me about 20 minutes to whip this together (not including drying times) and I had all the supplies, which made this sign 100% free! Now, my little pail has a pal (cheesy joke) and I have my inspiration set for my porch transformation.
Up next will be a new color on those walls!


5 comments:

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Looks so cute! I love the "love" signs, too. :)

jess@balancing the dream said...

i love this little piece of art!! It is so simple yet it adds so much to your space!! Great job! Oh...and i love the name of your blog!! :)

abeachcottage said...

Lovely sign, looks great on your space. Thanks for sharing at BC Good Life Wednesdays.

Tauja @ Simply Mod Mom said...

Adorable sign!! Can't believe that you whipped this up in under 20 minutes! Love how you hung it with jute...gives it a more vintagey feel! Great job!! Great blog!! I'm one of your newest followers!

Debbiedoos said...

That is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining my newbie party.