Thursday, June 30, 2011

Porch Redo Pt 2

Five more days, bloggies! Is everyone getting their projects/crafts/recipes together for my SUMMER PARTY? Remember, you can post anything summer inspired, as long as you qualify as a newbie. Read here to see all the rules to enter.
Well, I took a break from decorating my own summer escape and finished up with my front porch redo. I didn't find any patio furniture on Craigslist that fit our budget (story of my life), so I have to make due with what we had. First, I needed a paint color on those walls. I tried to be brave and pick something different. Here were my choices: 
Immediately, hubby and I disliked the "Briquette." It was too bright for us and looked nothing like the chip card. Next, I was really into the "Grounded" when I first painted the sample onto the wall... but after an hour of dry time, it reminded me of something my kid upchucked once. TMI? Thought so. Lastly, I really loved the "Roasted Pepper" but was scared it would be too dark for a porch. So, I chickened out and went with my safe color of "Dusty Trail" by Olympic. Same color I used here for my entryway. So, here is a picture of my doorway before:

Strong, solid door in need of a paint job, welcome mat that has seen its days, and unattractive red Spanish tile. Here is the after:
My little summer nook! The window frames and door received coats of white paint. The walls are my safe tan "Dusty Trail," the doormat is new ($9 at Target), and you can read how I did my sign here and my stick arrangement here. The ceramic planter was a GW find ($3.99) and the plant was $5 at Walmart. The rocking chair and throw we've had for years and will be replaced when I find a small porch bench.

Things I still need to do here:
replace the doorknob and locks
update the dated light fixture (not shown on purpose)
replace the tile or cover it with an outdoor rug?

Follow Me on Pinterest
Pin It

Linking up with: House of Hepworths, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating , At the Picket Fence, Just a Girl

5 comments:

brokeintrovert said...

Very beautiful!

Kari said...

Oh Amanda, you make me laugh! I have the same "luck" with Craigslist. I can never find the deals that all these bloggers find. Its like my craigslist is part of some universe separate from reality where nothing cute or cheap exists....

Love the porch!!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Oh Amanda, I love the white door! It is so pretty. Such a beautiful backdrop for a bright colored wreath too! :)

Tauja @ Simply Mod Mom said...

Wow-your porch redo looks great! Very pretty & inviting! Fantastic job!

At The Picket Fence said...

What a great transformation! Everything looks lovely and we are so thrilled you shared it with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa