The inspiration for this began with a lantern that I found at Goodwill for $4. It was a lovely, brassy thing, and the glass panes were still perfectly intact. After a couple of coats of some black spray paint, it looked good as new:
I filled it with some Dollar Tree rocks, a candle, and paired it with a votive holder turned Q-tip holder. :) I found that votive holder at the Dollar Tree and thought it kind of looked like a sand dollar. I also added some coastal looking shower hooks and a hurricane vase:
The shower hooks and vase were clearance finds at Target ($3 for each hook) and Walmart ($7 vase). The base of the vase was brown so I gave it a quick coat of black. This is what my guest bath looked like before:
A bit empty, wouldn't you say? And now:
We bought the picture frames a long time ago and they had been sitting in storage because I didn't know where to hang them. I put some of my favorite pictures of the hubs with his ladybugs. So, there you have it. This is my summer, coastal inspired, guest bath. I really didn't know how long I would enjoy a "gray room," but all the white and black accents just make this guest bath feel very crisp and refreshing. Perfect for a candlelit soak! Now, it's your turn! Let's see those summer inspired projects.

Here's a quick reminder about the rules and who can post:
* You don't have to be a follower to link up (although, I really hope to meet new friends at my party)
* Please link back to my party somewhere in your post AND/OR post my button
* You must be qualified as a NEWBIE
9 comments:
Good job on your first link party! I look forward to many more to come. :)
yeah good luck.. wish I was a newbie lol
Love the looks you did. Very costal chic!!
Tana
Happy As A Lark, I am having trouble posting a comment on your page (and I really really really want to, lol). Also, you didn't have an email addy set up, so I couldn't try that way either. So, I'm hoping you see this....
Your signs are so cute! I feel very embarrassed in saying this, but I use cardboard boxes to lab el my garage sales. (hanging head in shame). Kudos for creativity! Remember, the party runs until the 25th, so you're welcome to post more summer inspired projects. I'm a new follower. :)
Love your coastal touches to your bathroom! I've been really wanting a lantern. Yours is perfect!! I'll try to link up something soon. Gotta find something summer! :)
I love the idea of the lantern with the candles. I might have to do this.Thanks for inviting me to your party,I will be joining in.
Connie
I love your coastal inspiration! I know what you mean about just needing a "hint" - it's hard to be beachy in Arkansas too!
I'll have something to link up soon :)
This looks really, really pretty. I love the color combination!
Thank you for hosting.
I will let my friends know.
Best,
CBO
Hi there,
Thanks for hosting!! New to your blog and just wanted to say hi : )
Post a Comment