Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Wreath

One of my simple joys when visiting someone, is seeing a wreath hung on their door. A wreath decked out with leaves, berries, ornaments or pine cones gets me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. While my heart longs for the colder months (Tuesday will be 101 for us, FYI), I must make due with God's design plan that's outside my window. Browns, whites, greens, and blues. Plus, I needed to add a dash of color to the beige that I feel is taking over my home. So, when I saw this wreath, I knew I had to have it on my door. I just needed a couple of supplies:
The wreath was a Goodwill find for $0.99, the letter was also $0.99 from a craft store, and the flowers were $2.00 each from Hobby Lobby. Following the lady who inspired me, I stuck the stems all along one side of my wreath. The flower stems had an ugly leaf color, so I just pulled them off. I gave the letter two coats of my favorite blue spray paint and ended up with this:
My wreath doesn't look as full as hers, even though I used three stems. I may go back for more. Maybe not. Either way, I love the pop of blue on my door:
Door wreath project: $8.00

Linking up with: Thrifty Decor Chick, DebbieDoo's Newbie Party

3 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

very nice I need something for my door just cant seem to find anything that makes me happy.Maybe I should follow your lead and make my own?!

Jessica said...

So cute! I am a wreath addict. Love how that color of blue just pops!

Debbiedoos said...

Love this, so personal and creative. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.